Pure silk – quality pure silk, that is – is coveted worldwide for good reason, which is why many will pay the price for a quality silk. A quality, “fine” silk has been processed in such a way ensures that the fabric breathes beautifully and is less likely to go static. On the contrary, a cheap silk – and there are some very cheap silks available in larger chain fabric retail stores – will behave like a polyester or nylon fabric; they don’t breathe (like plastic) and have a high likelihood of going static. Not only that, the colours of cheap silk always look glarey and tacky and don’t have the class and style of fine quality silks. And to top it all off, cheap silks- like polyesters – retain body odours…which is not an attractive quality!
There is a common misunderstanding amongst customers who don’t have much experience with fabric, in that many believe “silk” means shiny finish. This is false. silk is an actual fibre which fabric is made of, which can be finished as a shiny or matt or semi-matt fabric. Examples of different types of silk that d’Italia standardly stocks include:
- Pure silk satins (glossy finish), in a range of weights such as light-weight satin, crepe satin, duchess satin and queen satin
- Pure silk satin chiffons (super sheer with a lovely sheen)
- Pure silk georgettes (semi-sheer with a matt finish)
- Pure silk voiles (semi-sheer with a sheen and body)
- Pure silk organzas (semi-sheer with a sheen and firmness)
- Pure silk tulles (super fine, stocking-like and weightless)
- Pure silk stretch silks (solid semi-matt with a lovely drape and no-crush feature)
- Pure silk dupions (semi-matt firm, papery feel)
- Pure silk taffetas (semi-matt firm, papery feel, smooth texture)
- Pure silk brocades (firm self-patterned or printed)
- Pure silk suitings (firm plain silks with a little bit of texture)
All of the above come in either a wide array of plain
HOW IT WORKS
There are no designer fees. d’Italia doesn't mark up the cost just because it’s a label. You get a genuine couture dress or outfit made with the world's finest fabrics, created from scratch, to fit you perfectly—for a fraction of the cost.
Make an Appointment
Obligation free consultation with our expert designers to help outline your perfect dress
Choose the Fabric
We work with your budget to select the perfect fabrics and laces for your dream dress
Get it Made
Our dedicated seamstresses will complete the design, delivering you a unique custom-made dress
ASK A QUESTION /
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT /
GET A QUOTE
FOR AN INSTANT ANSWER PHONE 03 95094633
Please include your phone number, it's much easier to give advice on the phone than in an email.
Use this form or email us direct on firstname.lastname@example.org - You can email us example photos if you wish.